Market Analyst – Crude Oil
£35,000 - £55,000
Our client is looking for an Experienced Crude Oil Market Analyst to join the trading desk of an international trading house based in Singapore.
The crude oil market Analyst will carry out analysis by gathering economic and strategic data, which will be used by the traders when devising trading strategies integral to their business.
This role would suit a well-rounded analytics professional with strong quantitative and statistical skills together with previous industry experience. This is a demanding role which is deeply involved in the day to day trading activities of the oil desk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analysis of market trends and to gather information for the FO traders.
• Support the other in-house analytics teams.
• Ad – hoc requests of traders
• a minimum of 2 years industry experience in an equivalent product or role.
• experience of working in a similar trading house environment
• experience in either refineries or at minimum knowledge of the physical oil market.
• Evaluating markets, market trends and communicating with other Supply & Trading offices.
• Ensuring all trading activities are conducted within appropriate delegations of authority and conform to Risk Manual Guidelines.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities.
• Efficient in Excel and/or Matlab/ python or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of an ETRM system.
• Degree level (or equivalent) economic/financial or business qualification.
+44 113 487 7420