Commercial Manager – Fuel
Up to 50K
Located in West London. Our client is a respected Fuel wholesaler recruiting a commercial manager to oversee commercial and financial risk. Requires strong analytical and quality checking skills. You will be overseeing large and complex tenders and continuously improve efforts in this area, making sure proposals meet with compliance and improve win rates.
Your role will be providing competent and enthusiastic support to the Director in identifying and managing commercial / financial risk within the National Accounts Wholesale and divisions across the UK.
This will require you to:
* Manage Senior Account Manager
* Commercially analyse / review existing business practices and procedures, identifying Commercial and Financial risks and proposing and project managing iterative improvement.
* Check the quality and completeness of professional proposals and tenders prior to
submission against agreed norms, where appropriate recommending improvement to such norms.
* Providing adhoc daily reporting / flash / forecasting
* Overseeing Commercial tenders / compliance sign off on the numbers
* Commercial / contract analysis – proactive engagement to identify when tenders are due, sourcing tenders, tender document management – preparing for Legal sign off
* Predictive / lapsed customer reporting
* Tender analysis feedback on new/existing contracts and watch on exceptions
* Proposal Writing – Taioring our template to suit customer needs
* Support the interface between sales and divisional legal and commercial support on all new bespoke appointments in agreeing Terms & Conditions of business
* Review commercial performance of the businesses and present to the director/board
* Provide commercial support to business units to help optimise win rates and achieve the correct risk/reward relationship
* Manage the mobilisation of new contracts engaging with both operations and wider
* Provide support on Client Account Management on large commissions
* Carry out project reviews on key projects which have a material impact on the commercial and service delivery performance of the overall business and report to the Director.
* Formulate action plans of necessary improvements to business processes and procedures to achieve efficiencies in the day to day running of business units.
* Managing a small tender / pricing team based in London
You will be expected to have:
* Demonstrable experience in commercial/contract management within the energy, liquid fuel, real estate, construction or outsourcing sector.
* Good people skills ability to disarm suspicion and get to the root cause of issues.
* Appropriate MS Excel and Word skills to write reports that contain financial / commercial data
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Commercial discretion when handing highly sensitive commercial data, or issues
* Ability to work in a fast changing environment
* Enquiring attitude to work and willingness to articulate their views in debate.
* Be proficient in other Microsoft Office packages
* Excellent spoken and written business communication skills.
* Good relationship management skills both with colleagues and clients.
* Commercial awareness and acumen.
You will be expected to have:
* Knowledge of the knowledge of the energy, utility, oil or the construction sector.
* Familiarity with understanding basic and advanced legal contracts/agreements.
* Commercial acumen and knowledge/in depth understanding of tender proposals and linkage to the wider commercial context of the service being provided.
* Understanding of price/risk management process – including hedging and forward fixed pricing
The post holder will be expected to support the Director by doing the following:
* Auditing businesses both in terms of commercial and financial risk.
* Providing solutions to increase efficiency and manage implementation processes.
* Creating good working relationships with stakeholders internal and externally to the
* Reviewing contractual documentation and writing reports that identify and mitigate
* Providing commercial quality control on professional fee submissions.
* Carrying out commercial/sales coaching across the business.
* Reviewing completeness and recoverability of work in progress.
* Produce all company commercial /financial reports/presentations to the board
* Analyzing Customer data/trends to support Sales Visits
+44 113 487 7420